Having routine air conditioning service completed at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at peak efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Texas summertime, have the specialists at AllPro AC and Heating conduct your yearly air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be finished during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, examine for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, reclaim any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, as opposed to illegally discharging it to the atmosphere.
- Look for proper airflow through the system.
- Verify the right electric control sequence to make sure of proper sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Check the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters frequently is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to work at top efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it regularly. We suggest taking a look at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will depend on individual influences in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance,